random thoughts

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Today I was randomly stopped on the sidewalk and asked if I would participate in a survey. I said yes, because I love to be asked random questions by strangers and I love other people doing statistics.
Anyway, so turns out this survey is about sports trivia. So I get many a thing wrong (apparently phoning a friend is not allowed) simply because it is not multiple choice. I did know that the Red Sox won the world series, the Patriots won the Super Bowl, Northwestern Women's Lacrosse won National Title and Michael Jordan was named athlete of the century. I did not know lots of other things.
At the end of the survey they ask two non-sports questions. They asked if I had slept through any of my classes last quarter, which I had not (because I walk to class before I get my sleeping in).
The second question was "Do you think it is important to stay abreast on politics?" I said yes even though I never keep up, it's probably important to. I bet you probably have decided that this survey was about the correlation between sports knowledge, sleeping through class and political awareness.
But no, I have solved it. Statistics wants to know if the amount of sports knowledge corresponds to whether or not people laugh (or try not to) at the word "abreast". This is why I am a psychology major.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter