random thoughts

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Gender roles?

In social psychology we learned about how men and women have different learned social roles. I always knew this, but for some reason it got me thinking. The professor said that women learn more one on one interactions and men learn more group interactions, like team sports. I wonder what else we are supposed to learn by gender, because I think I missed out on some of it.
I think that in general girls are taught to listen and laugh, and guys are taught that they are supposed to be the amusing funny ones. This is the lesson I might have be sick for, because I pretty much amuse myself. Also I have a really hard time with the laugh-when-things-aren't-funny thing. For some strange reason I was taught to laugh when things are funny. Weird.
I wonder what other lessons I missed. Perhaps the fake kindness one too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter